In that vain, here are things that have made me happy lately:
(1) family game night- we have done this twice and both times everyone was laughing and having a good time together
(2) Spring yard work - we all worked outside without complaint for two days and got the yard in great shape. Aubrey commented "today we turned a new leaf" and it really made me feel good that she appreciated the joy of working together on something
(3) Mom and Aubrey made homemade cinnamon rolls and they are amazing! Aubrey didn't stick with mom through to baking them but did roll out the dough and get them shaped so I will give her credit for working with my mom when she wasn't really in the mood
(4) My niece had a temperature and was feeling really crappy for 2 days and we were freaking out and on day 3 she was MUCH improved so we did not go to the doctor and today she continues to feel like her usual self
(5) Video chats with friends
(6) Having a clean house- thanks mom, Aubrey and Natalie.
(7) On Friday Cole and I went into my office to work because we were at our wits end with Aubrey and needed some space. It was great to be away from home, breathing different air for a few hours.
(8) We are mostly eating healthier because I am cooking at home. Lots of grill nights and simple vegetable filled dinners that we can all enjoy
(9) Walking. My feet tend to hurt all the time, year around, so walking is not my preferred exercise. I have been going out with Cole for at least one walk a day and it's brightening my soul and helping me feel rejuvenated to come back and do the school/work things on my to-do list. It really helps that we are finally turning towards Spring and the sun is out and it feels so good to be outside.
(10) The dogs. They are constantly with us, laying on our legs, following us outside, and comforting us when we feel isolated. Dogs are a human's best friend!
( Collapse )
All day has been a hurry up and wait game. I went to an 8am appointment and wasn't seen until 9:30. The visit was not even 4 minutes and I was scheduled for a procedure and sent on my way. That made me miss my dentist appointment and I had to pay a $75 fee for that.
I spent the rest of the afternoon dealing with Mom's insurance. She was terminated from PA Medicaid on 2/29/2020. No notice was recieved by us until the pharmacy and doctor office started calling for "updated information." She might qualify for Medicare so I tried to do that online that. I feel like I did something wrong so I called the number for Social Security. Of course I wait for an hour for the representative to say "we can mail you this form" so I did that.
I am really stressed about my mother not having her medications. She's dependent on meds for Bipolar Disorder, COPD and Rheumatoid arthritis, along with some lesser issues. She can't get therapy now, no check ups on her ongoing issues. She had an echo scheduled today by the cardiologist but that's a no-go now. She missing yearly gynecology check up, her next pulmonology, urology, and rheumatology appointments
You can get card with your statistics here!
This was sad. Only 2 posts a month on average. I should do better but cannot commit to that.
When i see news headlines that say "worst parenting mistakes" i automatically think the rest of the article should conclude with "having kids is the worst parenting mistake"
I do not want to live this parenting on high alert life anymore.
Check out this link http://www.blacklivesmattersyllabus.com
What you will find here is a guide to resources and discussions to educate ourselves on the Black Lives Matter movement and Black history. I think it is very important, especially in America today, that we get our noses out of the sand and stand up for one another. I can't do that without being prepared with the knowledge of people way smarter than I am. I intend to read these books, watch these movies, and prepare for battle against a country that often doesn't understand why there is racial tension to begin with and how we can all help create the change.
White dress you all loved
I felt compelled to share this since so many of you commented on liking this dress. It is very comfy and I'm wearing it to church today.
My old Minnesota friend, Kyle, was in town for a few days and crashed on our couch. We haven't talked in over 5yrs just because distance happens. But as soon as she was here we picked up like we never left off. That was nice.
Yesterday and this morning we gardened. We pulled weeds, decreased the heaps of mulch, planted bulbs, and put down new red mulch (it was black). It was exhausting but will look good once our flowers start popping up.
Looks weak but will grow into awesomeness
Before 9:30am today we had dropped Kyle at the airport, swam at the gym, went to home depot, and mulched the yard!
Today we will be painting a planter in glow in the dark paint and putting some blossomed plants into it in the backyard. That way Joyce can have some flowers to look at out the window. I am excited to see what it looks like once it is dark! Plus, the grass will get mowed today. We finally have a nice weather weekend so we must take advantage of it.
Tomorrow we are off work and will go work out, go on a long walk with the dogs, and take Joyce to a Dr appt. It'll be nice. I'm premaking some food for the week, too. Turkey meatballs and scones, yummy.
I participated in an A to Z swap in one group. The letters I signed up for are T,V,Y, and Z. Below are the cards from that swap.( Collapse )
I have so many cards to post from the past week or so. Expect more in the coming days!
( Collapse )