In that vain, here are things that have made me happy lately:
(1) family game night- we have done this twice and both times everyone was laughing and having a good time together
(2) Spring yard work - we all worked outside without complaint for two days and got the yard in great shape. Aubrey commented "today we turned a new leaf" and it really made me feel good that she appreciated the joy of working together on something
(3) Mom and Aubrey made homemade cinnamon rolls and they are amazing! Aubrey didn't stick with mom through to baking them but did roll out the dough and get them shaped so I will give her credit for working with my mom when she wasn't really in the mood
(4) My niece had a temperature and was feeling really crappy for 2 days and we were freaking out and on day 3 she was MUCH improved so we did not go to the doctor and today she continues to feel like her usual self
(5) Video chats with friends
(6) Having a clean house- thanks mom, Aubrey and Natalie.
(7) On Friday Cole and I went into my office to work because we were at our wits end with Aubrey and needed some space. It was great to be away from home, breathing different air for a few hours.
(8) We are mostly eating healthier because I am cooking at home. Lots of grill nights and simple vegetable filled dinners that we can all enjoy
(9) Walking. My feet tend to hurt all the time, year around, so walking is not my preferred exercise. I have been going out with Cole for at least one walk a day and it's brightening my soul and helping me feel rejuvenated to come back and do the school/work things on my to-do list. It really helps that we are finally turning towards Spring and the sun is out and it feels so good to be outside.
(10) The dogs. They are constantly with us, laying on our legs, following us outside, and comforting us when we feel isolated. Dogs are a human's best friend!
Sometimes Emmy thinks she is much tinier than she really is.
The sunflower stands tall in a neighbors yard, I took that photo on a walk. I also took the beautiful sky photo one afternoon.
I saw a bee trying to pollenate these weeds that I hate. Our front garden area had 2 huge hydrangea's and we removed them!
Aubrey has taken up needle-felting and is making some cute things. This lovely smothered enchilada dish was delicious!
I created my own bandana mask to go to the store. Like everyone else, I am disgusted by the amount of discarded used gloves in parking lots everywhere! WHY?!!